As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our network infrastructure, ensuring high availability and performance. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to support the organization's networking needs and provide expert guidance on network architecture and security.
The Senior Network Engineer must have a deep understanding of network protocols, hardware, and software, and possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- 1- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- 2- Plan and deploy network equipment and technologies, including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- 4- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot issues, and optimize network configurations to ensure high availability and performance.
- 5- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including systems administrators and software developers, to support their networking requirements.
- 6- Provide technical expertise and guidance on network architecture, protocols, and security best practices.
- 7- Conduct regular network assessments and audits to identify vulnerabilities and propose solutions for improvement.
- 8- Stay up to date with emerging networking technologies and trends.
- 9- Participate in the on-call rotation and respond to network-related emergencies outside of regular business hours, if required.
- 10- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior network engineers.
- 11- Delegating networking maintenance tasks to junior staff.
Qualification & Requirements:
- - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- - At least 5 years experience as a Network Engineer, preferably in an ISP or telecommunications environment.
- - Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- - Excellent Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- - Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, QoS, and other key networking protocols.
- - Familiarity with network operating systems and management software is necessary.
- - Comprehensive knowledge of network security principles and best practices.
- - Expertise in designing scalable and resilient network architectures.
- - Experience with network monitoring and analysis tools.
- - Ability to generate reports on network performance, security, and capacity planning.
- - Ability to explain complex networking concepts to non-technical stakeholders.